The Class Of 2018
Education and the development of young talent are major challenges facing the insurance industry.
The IIG “Class Of” programme is aimed at developing and retaining young talent within the insurance industry through exposure, experience and leadership development. The one-year programme begins in March every year.
Overview of the programme
This programme is designed to give a select group of young insurance professionals currently working in the industry:
- Exposure to a wide range of companies in the insurance industry and the opportunity to meet and gain knowledge from more experienced people in the industry
- Experience: deeper technical knowledge of selected areas of insurance and the opportunity to meet and gain knowledge from more experienced people in the industry
- Leadership and mentorship: the chance to develop general business and leadership skills through interaction with captains of industry
Selection criteria for the IIG Class Of 2018
Only candidates who are currently working in the insurance industry for a member company of the IIG will qualify, and preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Under the age of 35
- Minimum of two years' working experience in the insurance industry
- BEE candidates
- Leadership potential and a personality that will contribute to the group and the industry
- All applications with a strong senior management motivation will be considered
- Effort will be made to create a diverse group of candidates that will stimulate learning within the group; this diversity will include race, gender, employer company, skills, etc.