The IIG's Plan of Action
The Insurance Institute of Gauteng (the IIG) is an association not for gain, established to serve the interests of the insurance industry in Gauteng.
Our primary aim is to connect the insurance community in South Africa's commercial hub, Gauteng, through networking and educational platforms.
We aim to be an effective, sustainable networking platform that provides educational knowledge, growth and development value to members of our industry.
The IIG is also proud of its role in supporting the community; it provides student bursaries and supports various charities, and works closely with various institutions, including the Insurance Institute of South Africa.
The IIG gives all its members the opportunity to:
- Build an individual and company network
- Connect with the insurance community
- Profile their company in the South African insurance industry
- Contribute to the industry
- Pursue professional development
Our vision as the IIG is to be a world-class, high-performing institution that gives its members and sponsors tangible value. The IIG is about collaboration and innovation, remaining refreshed, relevant and sustainable, and working towards growth and progress.
Our education platform is designed to provide skills development across the employee segments, from rising stars (up to junior management) to influencers (middle management) and decision makers (c-suite).
Our education and knowledge expansion opportunities include:
- CEO Roundtable: a global view from international leaders
- The IIG International: the ultimate educational networking experience
- Industry Outlook: a bird's-eye view of the year ahead from leading South African insurance executives
- IIG Insights: thought leadership and technical training
- The “Class of” programme: leadership, mentorship and education for high potentials (company nominated)
Download the document below for more on our strategy.