Insurance Leadership Development Programme (ILDP) 2020 – Accepting applications!
The Insurance Leadership Development Programme (ILDP) was launched in 2016 by the Insurance Institute of Gauteng (IIG) in partnership with Sasria SOC Limited in order to respond to the skills challenge within the short-term insurance industry, particularly the challenges around historically disadvantaged individuals at medium-senior management level.
The ILDP is designed to provide delegates with a composite leadership education, with the added beneﬁt of an insurance industry contextual environment. Delegates will have the unique opportunity to engage with their peers from a cross section of the industry and in doing so, enhance their learning experience. The IIG is committed to providing a robust Professional Development Programme that will provide the industry with the ability to Engage with members of the IIG, Connect with the broader industry and Grow from both a skills development and networking perspective. Sasria, the sole sponsor of the programme, is committed to the development of critical skills within the short-term insurance industry as well as the ﬁnancial sector at large.
The programme will be offered from March 2020 to November 2020. The programme is open to high potential Middle to Senior Managers who have been earmarked as future leaders in their organisations within the short-term insurance industry. The programme will focus on the accelerated development of managers who are drawn from historically disadvantaged groups.
This intensive programme is delivered by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS). Delegates will be expected to attend 4 Study Blocks (details below) as well as submit all the required projects, assignments, as well as a final assessment to produce and present on an annual project.
A tiered approach to leadership development will be followed which includes classroom learning, learning application, workplace application, assessment at individual and syndicate level. The programme is level 6 SAQA accredited i.e. equivalent to a Diploma and Advanced Certiﬁcate.
*If you’re an associate of the IISA, and have been for a minimum of two years, by completing the ILDP you will automatically qualify for fellowship status.
THE PROGRAMME WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING MODULES:
- STUDY BLOCK 1 – 10 to 13 MARCH 2020
PERSONAL & ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (4 Days)
- Programme Launch and Orientation
- Personal Mastery
- PDP Coaching
- Problem Solving and Design Thinking
- STUDY BLOCK 2 – 26 to 29 MAY 2020
FROM STRATEGY TO EXECUTION (4 Days)
- The World We Live and Work In
- Design Thinking and Innovation
- Leadership and Leading Change
- PDP Coaching
- STUDY BLOCK 3 – 28 to 30 JULY 2020
BUILDING FINANCIAL ACUMEN (3 Days)
- The Economics 0f Accounting
- Financial Management
- Business Planning & Project Management
- ALP & PDP Coaching
- STUDY BLOCK 4 – 08 to 10 SEPTEMBER 2020
BUILDING BUSINESS ACUMEN (3 Days)
- Customer Centricity
- Operations Management
- PDP Coaching
- Closing Reflections
Final Presentations – Dry Runs: 5 November 2020 | Final Presentations: 12 November 2020
IIG Graduation: 20 November 2020
*please note that programme content may be subject to change without prior notice and that any changes will result in the same programme outcomes, skills, and time requirements.
As this is a formal business school qualification, delegates will complete 4 study blocks, group (Action Learning Project & Syndicate) work, individual assignments, group assignments, as well as exams.
- Candidates applying must have a National Senior Certiﬁcate
- Candidates must have 5 to 10 years work experience,
- And at least 2 years Management experience
- Management Experience can be defined as anyone who can prove effective management of projects and teams over a continuous two-year period. This may include individuals without a ‘manager’ designation. (E.g. a Team Leader who has 3 years of proven experience managing a team of 10 people/direct reports, manages and is accountable for budgets and various projects within his/her organization.)
- Members and member companies of the IIG are invited to nominate candidates for the programme.
- Non-Members who may be accepted to the programme will be required to attain IIG membership on acceptance.
- A Nomination does not automatically result in acceptance and the ﬁnal decision rests with the appointed selection committee.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following:
- Completed Online Application Form with
- Detailed CV
- Copy of ID
- A motivation from the applicant and
- A motivation from line manager.
The programme is worth R100 000.00 per candidate, however with the generous sponsorship from Sasria SOC who subsidies 41% of each students’ costs, as well as investment from the Insurance Institute of Gauteng, we are able to make the programme available to the market at R49,800.00 per candidate.
BEGIN THE NEXT STEPS TO ADVANCING YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS TODAY!
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED USING THE LINK PROVIDED.
Tel: 011 341 9483
Please Note: The closing date for applications is the 1st November 2019
All applicants will be required to complete an entrance assessment which would assess understanding and strategic analysis. This is a compulsory part of the application process. *Please refer to the Application Form for more details.