In association with:
The Insurance Leadership Development Program (ILDP) was launched in 2016 by the Insurance Institute of Gauteng (IIG) in partnership with Sasria SOC Limited in order to respond to the skills challenge within the short term insurance industry, particularly the challenges around historically disadvantaged individuals at senior level.
The ILDP is designed to provide delegates with a composite leadership education, with the added benefit of an insurance industry contextual environment. Delegates will have the unique opportunity to engage with their peers from a cross section of the industry and in doing so, enhance their learning experience. The IIG is committed to providing a robust Professional Development Programme that will provide the industry with the ability to Engage with members of the IIG, Connect with the broader industry and Grow from both a skills development and networking perspective. Sasria, the sole sponsor of the programme, is committed to the development of critical skills within the short-term insurance industry as well as the financial sector at large.
The programme will be offered from March 2019 to November 2019. The programme is open to high potential Middle to Senior Managers who have been earmarked as future leaders in their organisations within the short term insurance industry. The programme will focus on the accelerated development of managers who are drawn from historically disadvantaged groups.
This intensive programme is delivered by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS). Delegates will be expected to attend 4 Study Blocks (details below) as well as submit all the required projects, assignments, as well as a final assessment to produce and present on an annual project. A tiered approach to leadership development will be followed which includes classroom learning, learning application, workplace application, assessment at individual and syndicate level. The programme is level 6 SAQA accredited i.e. equivalent to a Diploma and Advanced Certificate.
THE PROGRAMME WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING MODULES:
1. STUDY BLOCK 1 – MARCH 2019 PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP (4 Days)
1.2 personal mastery
1.3 Multipliers Simulation
1.4 team effectiveness/group dynamics and mentoring and coaching
2. STUDY BLOCK 2 – MAY 2019 FROM STRATEGY TO EXECUTION (4 Days)
2.1 the world we live and work in
2.2 design thinking and innovation
2.3 systems thinking and scenario planning 2.4 business planning & project management
3. STUDY BLOCK 3 – JULY 2019 BUILDING FINANCIAL ACUMEN (3 Days)
3.1 the economics of accounting 3.2 financial management
3.3 diversity – potential immersion*
4. STUDY BLOCK 4 – SEPTEMBER 2019 BUILDING BUSINESS ACUMEN (3 Days)
4.1 customer centricity
4.2 operations management
*programme content may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Candidates applying must have a National Senior Certificate
- Candidates must have 5 to 10 years’ work experience with at least 2 years Management experience.
- Member companies are invited to nominate candidates for the programme.
- Nomination does not automatically result in acceptance and the final decision rests with the appointed selection committee.
Interested candidates are required to submit the following:
- Detailed CV
- Completed Application Form with
- one page motivation from the candidate and
- a motivation from line manager.
Click here to download application form.